View count: 1530
About the BEST Program
- What is an EMI course?
- An EMI course refers to a course provided by educational institutions in non-English speaking countries, and the content, interaction between teachers and students, learning aids and materials, display of outcomes and assessment ought to be 100% presented in English.
- The Program on Bilingual Education “for Students in College (The BEST Program)” promoted by Ministry Of Education (MOE)
- According to “The 2030 Bilingual Nation Policy” announced by Executive Yuan in 2020, enhancing students’ English proficiency and promoting EMI courses to improve overall competitiveness are the goals of Taiwan higher education. With the prospect, MOE introduced the BEST Program, anticipating that by implementing strategies "college development" and “cross-institution improvement”, EMI would become more common, and Taiwan would be on track to “Bilingual Nation”.
- The College of Management at Asia University was selected as an EMI college by MOE
- In 2017 and 2021, the College of Management at Asia University was twice accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) for its distinguished EMI courses and strategies for promoting internationalization, including recruiting international students, and developing Joint Dual-degree programs. Being recognized as a university well-known for its bilingual education and devotion to internationalization, in 2021, College of Management was selected as one of the EMI colleges by MOE and became the cradle of outstanding EMI courses in central Taiwan.